|BOOKING CONDITIONS and PRIVACY INFO
for our family gites near St Jean d'Angely,
Charente Maritime, W France
3. The balance of the rental is due not less than 10 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date the managers reserve the right to give notice in writing that the
reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent. Reservations made within 10 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking. Once full
payment has been taken there will be no refunds on cancellation by the client even if the managers re book the property. We strongly advise you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy which
4. A security deposit of £200 may be taken and the manager will claim costs incurred for the replacement of breakages or repair of damage to the property. Under no circumstances may the security
deposit be used to pay for extra services. The security deposit will be returned within 2 weeks of the client vacating the property less any charges for damages. This shall not limit the clients liability to the
5. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period e.g. catering, linen hire, cleaning service, or video hire, babysitting or wine walks must be settled locally with the managers on the day before
departure if not already pre paid..
6. The rental period shall commence at 16.00 (4.00 pm) on the first day and finish at 10.00 (10.00 am) on the last day. The manager shall not be obliged to offer the property before the time stated and the
client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. If you expect to arrive one hour earlier or later than your time of arrival as stated on your booking form, you must contact us otherwise
we cannot guarantee being present to hand over the key. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed the number stated in the details. No pets are allowed. Smoking is not permitted
in the cottages.
7. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition throughout your stay and at the end of the rental period. Music, radio, television
noise must not be at a level that can be heard outside the property.
8. The manager reserves the right to claim costs incurred for additional cleaning if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in a way which would cause
disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
9. The client shall report to the manager without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant machinery, or any appliances in the property, garden or swimming pool, and
arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
10. The owner or manager shall not be responsible or liable to the client:
- for any defect or stoppage temporary or otherwise in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool.
- for any disturbance which occurs in the area surrounding the property by neighbours or other persons.
- for loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes, terrorist threats or any matters beyond the control of the owner/manager.
- for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In any such event, the owner
shall within 7 days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
11. Under no circumstances shall the owners liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
The contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England.
Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England .
|I fully read all information regarding the property and the
cottage and agree to and fully understand the Booking
Conditions and would like to continue to the
1. The property may be offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Chris and Wendy Blakeman ('the owners') to the renter ('the client').
2. To reserve the property, the client should complete and submit the online booking form. Submitting the form acts as a signature and means the client has fully read all
information on the web site www.lesvallaies.com concerning the cottage and property and that they have read and understood the booking conditions. We will confirm your
reservation by email or telephone so please make sure these details are correct, and we will give you payment details of he initial non refundable deposit (£250 per cottage). Ths
deposit must be received by the managers ithin 5 working days of the reservation or the reservation will be cancelled. Please note that this deposit will not be refunded in the
event of cancellation. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy including cancellation cover and to have full cover for the
party's personal belongings and public liability etc since these are not covered by the owners insurance. This deposit constitutes part of the total rental fee. Electricity, cooking
gas, hot and cold water, local taxes are included unless otherwise indicated. Heating is not included. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the managers will send a
confirmation statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. Until this is received the booking is not firm.
Our web site has basic google analytics tracking which includes counting views on our web site, time spent and pages visited, referrals and search terms used. This all
helps us in deciding where we advertise and how effective that is. We cannot see who you are or any personal information about individual users and cannot track you
once you have left Google analytics is explained here and also how to disable it for any site.
When staying at our properties we often take photos of our activities and post on social media or use on our web site. We take general shots where individuals cannot
be easily identified (eg backs/sides of heads, distance shots) If we take close full face shots of families eg at a pizza evening we ask permission particularly if children
are in the shot. If you do not want to be in any photos at all, just let us know at the beginning of your holiday.
When you contact us about our properties your email address is kept in our mailbox and we send 4 news letters a year with news and offers. If you do not wish to
receive any further information from us just let us know and you will be removed from our mailing list. We never give your email address to anyone without your permission